King Henry's Road area Safe and Healthy Streets
Please sign in to vote.
This scheme is intended to reduce through traffic on King Henry’s Road and Elsworthy Road, both of which have ~ 2000 motor vehicle movements per day in each direction, 74% of which is through traffic. In addition, average speeds are well in excess of 20 mph.
To stop the rat-running and to reduce the traffic volumes and speeds on King Henry’s Road and Elsworthy Road, Camden proposes the following point closures:
- Elsworthy Road at the junction with Avenue Road
- Elsworthy Road to the east of the junction with Elsworthy Rise
- King Henry’s Road to the east of the junction with Elsworthy Rise
In addition, Camden proposes:
- A Healthy School Street for St Paul’s School (in the eastern end of Elsworthy Road) operating 8am to 9am and 3pm to 4pm with exemptions for people who live in that section of road
- Footway widening on Primrose Hill Road near to St Paul’s School
- and a new Zebra crossing near Oppidans Road